Friday, March 24, 2017

Dear Logan,


You and I went out for subs last night, then to a play with grammy, and finally stopped at the grocery store an hour past your usual bedtime. It was fun! I would even go as far as to say it was easy. There was a time when I would have been worried about you sitting quiet for over an hour during the play, and skipped the grocery store altogether for fear of a late night meltdown. Though I am not sure that I will ever really feel ready to be done with the baby stage, it is incredible to see the boy you are becoming. You have your more challenging moments or days, as we all do, but last night I saw a little gentleman. I was so proud of you. I saw the way you said "thank you" at dinner, and held the door open without being asked. You buckled and unbuckled yourself. You wanted to carry the heaviest grocery bag for me. You asked me to tell you about your baby days in the car. Though I would do anything to go back in time and hold your sweet slumped little newborn body, to kiss your little peach fuzz head, I love this just as much. I pray your heart is filled with God's love, and your actions show it as you grow. And I hope you always know how dearly mom and dad love you. Thanks for a fun date.

4 comments:

  1. So sweet! Love hearing how he is growing into such a little gentleman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to "watch" your sweet little one grow through your posts. :)

      Delete
  2. sweet post.. it's wonderful when we see hints of little gentlemen in our boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it is so encouraging to see them being kind/ polite when they are young and they days can be long and discouraging at times.

      Delete