Sunday, March 26, 2017

Lately


I was going slightly crazy last Monday when it was officially spring, but there was still way too much snow on the ground. Add four kiddos in a small house to the mix, and I knew I would not make it through the day if we didn't get outside for a while. I can't wait until the playgrounds aren't covered in snow. We settled for a simple walk down a quiet road. The boys looked for the perfect sticks, and Lili would hop off of the stroller every few minutes to grab a leaf that she just couldn't pass up. It did the trick, but I won't be sad to see this snow go!
--- Logan really wanted to wear a bow tie, but didn't want to wear a collared shirt. That was his compromise. :)
--- Eliott recently got his first haircut and looks like such a big boy now!

We spent St. Patrick's day at the Dover Children's Museum, and the boys had a blast. Logan even got to sit in on a St. Patrick's Day story time, and built a leprechaun trap in the craft room. We ended the day with a delicious boiled dinner and more trap building at home.

Grammy and Grumps gifted the boys with swim lessons for this spring. They have been loving it. Eliott's favorite part might be the warm shower afterward though. :) Logan has been doing so well swimming all by himself, and usually stays in the water to do some extra swimming when the lesson is over.

One of the goals I made for myself at the beginning of the year was to do a lot more reading. Ever since having children, I hadn't really prioritized it. I wanted to change that this year, and made the goal of two books per month. I have been loving making the time to read more. I will do a post on my favorites from the past few months soon. Any recommendations for me?

When February came around this year, Dan asked what I wanted for my birthday. I usually just tell him there is nothing that I really want. However, this year I knew exactly what I wanted. I asked for a day out all by myself. I wanted to be able to browse thrift and antique stores with no time restrictions. I haven't set foot in an antique store (it used to be one of my favorite things to do) since Logan was tiny. Crazy little boys and antiques don't mix so well. So he had a daddy day with the boys and I went out by myself for the whole day. It was perfection. I had such a fun time. I found a few new things for decor in the house. I updated our living room gallery wall a bit with a couple finds from that day, and painted those blue cork board coasters to add a little more color to the wall. I found a couple clothing items for myself, and a bunch of spring/ summer clothes for the boys at local thrift stores. This may become my requested birthday gift every year! Anyone else love thrift or antique browsing/ shopping as much as I do?



4 comments:

  1. I love thrift store and antique shopping! So glad you got to have a day of it! :) Also, I'd be curious to hear what you think of the books you're reading. Those titles all perked my interest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I will definitely plan a post to review the books I have read. I loved reading your's at the beginning of the year. It is always fun to get new recommendations.

      Delete
  2. The bow tie looks great.. lol
    what is this toddler obsession with leaves? H keeps bring dead leaves into my car they make a crumbly mess everywhere
    It's interesting how me time is a gift.. after a crazy mother's day last year I told my husband just that.. if you want to give me a gift give me some time for just me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my heck his bowtie!!! I love it, haha. And I can honestly not think of a better birthday present! I love having the occasional day all to myself, to do whatever I want! I can only imagine that becomes an even more rare and appreciated thing once you have children. Your wall decor looks very cute, I love the blues - nice work!

    ReplyDelete