Monday, September 29, 2014

Year Four


Sometimes the best nights are captured through fuzzy photos.
This past week Dan and I celebrated four years of marriage.

We went out to a beautiful restaurant sans Logan. It was built in 1810 and had the most beautiful fireplaces. It was the perfect place to sit quietly and talk about the past few years and how much has happened since our wedding day. I love anniversaries because they are like little holidays just for the two of us. It is a sweet chance to get away and celebrate the commitment that we made on our wedding day.

As I sat across the table looking at the man that was just a teenager when we fell in love, I thought about this whole journey. You learn a lot about what it takes to make a marriage work in the first few years, as I am sure we will for the rest of our years. I am still just as in love as I was four years ago, but it is a different kind of love now. A stronger one.

One that comes from learning and re-learning to trust someone day in and day out.
From being hurt and making the choice to stay and work it out anyway.
From late night house projects to make a place our home.
From car troubles and piles of bills.
From compromise and putting each other first.
From being with a man that hugs me when I am stressed...
That calls me during his work day just to tell me he is praying for me.
That wakes up every morning and chooses me again.

So we had a perfect date night... celebrating 365 more days of this life together.

No comments:

Post a Comment