Tuesday, September 23, 2014

New Entryway Flooring & Updates

We took a trip to home depot last week to pick out flooring for our upstairs bathroom. While we were there ordering the flooring, we saw some inexpensive neutral colored flooring that we thought would look nice in our entryway. We would love to re-do the flooring in the whole downstairs when our budget allows, but we really liked the idea of making the entrance a place that we love to walk into.

The floor was an ugly navy tile that made the whole room feel a lot darker. It was one of the things that got put on the things we would love to change someday list, and there it sat for 2.5 years. The flooring was very beat up and some of the tiles had started to lift. The carpet strips were an ugly gold color and had also been pretty beat up.

Dan and I worked together on the project that night, starting at about 10:30pm and ending at about 3:30am. It was so worth the all night-er though. Logan noticed right away the next morning and has been thanking us for *his* new floor ever since.

I only snapped one quick before picture, probably because I didn't realize what a huge difference it would really make in the room. We all love the new look. It was an inexpensive update that makes the place feel a heck of a lot more like home when we walk through the door!

BEFORE:

AFTER:



The new flooring made me want to add the finishing touches, like a new area rug to tie the wall color in a bit, and to give Logan a comfy place to sit and wait for daddy to come home. :) I finally put some pretty flowers in that vase that I have had around forever. We added an entry table that has a leaf tray and a pumpkin with Logan's name on it to add a little autumn decor.





One last thing that I have been wanting to do for a while is frost the window on our front door. The last owners had put up a checkered contact paper for privacy. While I liked the privacy it offered, I never liked how it looked on the door. I found this frosted glass spray and decided to try that out for a more subtle look. Not only was it simple, but I am really happy with how it turned out too! 
I didn't have a great "before" picture for the door either,
but I did get the contact paper in the background of this picture that I took while Dan was working on the floor.

This is what the glass looked like after being frosted!


I love working on little house projects like this with him. It is so rewarding making the place feel a little more like home together. Being able to cross one more thing off the list feels pretty good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment