Thursday, September 21, 2017

A little update on life

I can't believe it has been nearly a month since my last post! We came back from our end of the summer vacation with family, started homeschooling the next week, and have been planning a little here and there for adding another little guy to our mix. Life is busy, but so good!

I am hoping that now that we have our homeschooling schedule ironed out (at least until the baby gets here and changes everything up again) I will get back to blogging more regularly. There have been so many things that I have wished that I had the time to write about the past few months. I have noticed that Eliott has stretched out a lot the past few weeks, and is trading in some of his baby look, for a little boy look instead. He is talking a lot more these days, and has even taken an interest in the big boy potty lately. Some days I see his little (almost) two year old attitude coming out. Other times he is the sweetest little guy ever, and a complete riot. The days are long, but the years are short.

Logan has been having a lot of fun with school this year. To be honest, we both have. It definitely does take up a lot more time (almost like adding a part time job). But I have added so much more fun into our school plans this year, and I can already tell it is making a huge difference in his desire to learn. He is so smart, and soaks in most everything we read. I have been loving the flexibility that homeschooling offers. Even if it is not something that we choose to do long term, it is perfect for this stage of life.

I had another ultrasound today, and will be 22 weeks along on Monday. Most of the time the pregnancy feels like it is flying to me, and then when I have a bad day with headaches and a sore back, it feels like I have been pregnant forever. It is all a matter of perspective I guess. I am so thankful that everything is going well and he appears to be healthy. It is amazing how big a mother's love can be for a baby that she hasn't even met yet. I am so excited to meet this little guy, and imagine that excitement will only grow the more uncomfortable I get. ;)

Dan and I celebrate our seven year anniversary on Monday too. The other night we brought tea and popcorn up to our bed to have a movie night after the kids were in bed. It got me thinking about when I was nineteen and a coworker asked me if I thought I was throwing away all of my fun years by getting married so young. I am so lucky to have had seven years worth of sleepovers with my best friend. Marriage is full of so much, the good and the bad. These years have grown us in so many ways, but I am forever grateful for Dan and the way he loves and leads me.


2 comments:

  1. I got married at 20 and I had some people think I was making a mistake by getting married so young too, even though the culture where I live is to get married younger! Anyway I've thought about it a lot and I don't regret it at all! You get to learn and grow with the one you love. But maybe it's not for everyone, but it worked out perfect for me. To each his own I guess!

    ReplyDelete