Monday, August 28, 2017

End of Summer Wrap Up...

I fought with myself over that title because I am not sure I am ready to commit to saying goodbye to summer quite yet. We still have a little end of the summer vacation planned with Dan's side of the family before we come back to start school. I am hoping to fit a couple more beach trips, ice cream stops, and some other fun in before I give up and declare summer to be over. Though, when the time comes I will be more than excited to welcome in the fall season!

One of the things that was on our little summer bucket list was a mini golf trip. Logan had been asking about going, and was so excited when we made a night of it. He did really well staying focused throughout the whole course. His brother on the other hand, nearly took a dive into a really gross pool of water, and was more focused on giving each one of the animals on the course hugs and kisses.

We also took a trip to York's Wild Animal Kingdom with my mom and my sister's kids. It is basically half zoo and half amusement park and is located right off of York Beach in Maine. The kids all had a blast feeding the animals, holding a snake, and riding the rides!



I am an ocean lover who happened to marry a lake lover. So when Dan messaged me from work one day a couple weeks ago, and said "lets pack an easy dinner and head to the beach tonight" I was totally on board. It was a little breezy by the time we got there, but that didn't stop Dan and the kids from heading right in for a swim. It was such a fun family night.... the kind of night you hope to remember for years.



Last week we decided to pack all of the cousins up and head into Boston for the day. We took the train to the Boston Aquarium. We got lucky to be on board a train that happened to have a dome car that sits up above the train with large windows. My sweet grandmother decided to brave the challenge that is six young kids in Boston for the day, and made the trip with us. We loved having her there, and I am willing to bet everyone slept really great that night!



Are you ready to say goodbye to summer yet? What was your favorite memory from the season?

No comments:

Post a Comment