Friday, May 5, 2017

Dan was working at a beach house this past week, and mentioned that we should come visit him. It doesn't take much persuasion to get me to head to the beach, so we decided to go visit him yesterday afternoon. He joined us for a little time on the beach when he was all done working for the day. There have been a lot of rain days so far this spring, so we loved watching the waves and hunting for pretty rocks and shells. I hope my kids always love the ocean as much as they do now!


This was before I told him that if he took his shoes off he should take the socks off too. ;)









Also, I recently upgraded my camera from a point and shoot (or often just an iPhone) to a Canon EOS Rebel T6. I am loving it so far, but have so much to learn about my camera settings. I am thinking about doing an online course that would teach me more about the settings. Do any of my blogger friends have a course they have taken or would recommend? If not, how did you learn more about your camera? Is just taking lots of time to experiment the best way? I am so thankful for the upgrade, and want to get the most out of it.

2 comments:

  1. The beach is always a hit with kids.. looks like they had a wonderful time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you guys got to spend some time at the beach! Love these pictures!! So pretty! :)

    As for your question at the end... the biggest way I learned was being out in the field and using my camera. I would then come back and work on the photos and while doing so wonder "why is everyone so squinty eyed?" or "this lighting is really green, what caused that?" or "why aren't all their faces in focus?" or "why does this pose look so awkward?" or whatever the MANY questions I had were... and I would research it. Using my camera in the field and then coming home to Google questions is how I learned most of what I know. The same thing is true for editing photos. I didn't take a class in Photoshop, I just Googled the basics and started from there. Then whenever I needed a question answered ("how do I composite images?" "how do I remove stray hairs?" "how do I correct lighting?" etc), I would Google it and learn. So at the beginning, I spent a ton of time just Googling the answers to questions, haha! I will say, I did read my camera manual and that helped me learn the basics of how my camera operated, but using it in the field is the biggest learning point for me. Have fun learning!! :)

    ReplyDelete