Friday, October 28, 2016

Ten Ways To Boost Energy Naturally When You Are Running On Empty


We have had a very busy week around here. We have been getting to bed late every night, and this morning, that had caught up with me. The kids were up and ready to go at their usual 7am. As I got out of bed my bad headache, turned into an unbearable one. It was the kind of headache that you can't even think through. Since more sleep wasn't an option, I decided to try out some natural energy boosters that have always worked well for me. Thankfully, they came through for me again this time. My headache was cleared up within an hour, and I had plenty of energy and patience to tackle the busy day with my boys.

I am no expert, but wanted to share some of the tips that have been such a help for me when I wake up with no energy. Try them out next time you wake up on "empty" and let me know if they work for you too!

  1. Drink a lot of water!! I like to add lemon, frozen berries, or cucumbers to my water for extra energy and motivation to stay hydrated. On mornings that I wake up with no energy, I make sure to have two large glasses of water before my morning coffee.
  2. Stretch/ exercise. This is often the last thing I want to do when I wake up with a bad headache and no energy. This morning, some simple stretches helped wake me up and ease tension in my back and neck.
  3. Take a Vitamin B complex supplement. I take a pre-natal vitamin daily, but add this one on the days that I need an extra energy boost. This works so quickly for me, and makes a huge difference in my day.
  4. Icing. If I have a few minutes to sit down before starting my day, (often while I am chugging all of that water) I will place an ice pack over my eyes/ forehead. The cold helps wake me up, and making myself sit and relax for a few minutes helps to lower my stress level.
  5. Shower/ Use an energy boosting face wash. I usually shower at night because I don't always have the time to get a shower in once the boys are awake in the morning. However, on low energy mornings, I will turn a show on for Logan, and stick Eliott in the tub with me in order to get a shower. Showering in the morning always helps wake me up for the day!
  6. Drink a green smoothie/ juice. Better nutrition/ extra fruits and veggies = feeling better and having more energy.
  7. Listen to some happy/ upbeat music. Any music that puts you in a good mood and motivates you to take on the day is perfect.
  8. Take a quick nap. I know that some days this just isn't possible. You may have to be out the door for work, or to bring the kids to school, but if you have the chance, try to sneak in a quick cat nap. Twenty minutes usually works wonders for me. However, I know there are some people that say anything less than an hour is no good for them.
  9. Do intentional deep breathing for 2-3 minutes. This is a wonderful stress reliever and helps you get your mind focused on the tasks that need to be tackled.
  10. Diffuse a favorite oil. We love diffusing eucalyptus oil, but I have heard peppermint and citrus oils are wonderful energy boosters.
I hope this list comes to mind next time you are struggling with a low energy day. I have found these things to help immensely, but don't always stop to think about these solutions. It will help me out to have a list of ideas to look back at on my next I-can't-handle-life kind of day!


2 comments:

  1. great tips. thanks for sharing. I take b12 supplements regularly

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all such great tips!

    ReplyDelete