Sunday, October 16, 2016

One Of My Favorite Days Of The Year

There are three days that I look forward to most all year long. Even though I think most any holiday is fun, (especially after becoming a mom) I have three favorites. My top three favorite days are Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the day we go the the Fryeburg Fair. The fair usually falls around the first week of October, and we were so excited to take the kids this year.

We got up while it was still dark and packed the boys into the car. The ride to this particular fair is about two hours long, but it is two hours of beautiful new England mountain views. This time of year is particularly beautiful as all of the trees are lit up in stunning shades of orange, yellow, and red. Fog filled fields were surrounded by gorgeous fall colors, and it is always such a good reminder of how creative God is.

This was the first year in about six years that my sister has been around for the fair. She and my younger brother drove up with her kids. The kids all had a blast together. We saw ox pulling, magic shows, and all kinds of animals and exhibits. The fair foods are always a favorite of course (Logan tried crepes for the first time this year and gained a new food obsession). We have learned to bring a bunch of water and some healthy snacks along so that we have plenty of energy to make it through the day.



Their faces in this one kill me. :)


The day he learned to say "moo"...


I still love that she can be here holding my babies while I hold her's instead of being on the other side of the country.






They were so good about holding hands and sticking together.



He tried to hold out as long as he could, but eventually passed out while people watching.



We ended the night watching an amazing fireworks show... better than the one we went to on the fourth of July!
I am already excited to go back again next year!

2 comments:

  1. looks like a fun day.. beautiful pictures...
    the kids look happy and excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! It all looks so wonderful! I love that you got to be there with your sister, her kids, and your brother as well!

    ReplyDelete