Tuesday, October 14, 2014

In case you haven't seen Maine this time of year...

My mom, Logan, and I took an impromptu road trip last weekend. Well, she kind of had it planned but we decided to tag along last minute. We had the best time driving through the mountains in Maine. It seemed like the dirt roads went on forever and I was so content to just ride along. We stopped at a few of the places that I remember from living in that area, and a few that I was too young to remember. We visited the property where I was born, (I was a home birth baby) and the neighborhood that I grew to love as a little girl. Just in case you aren't able to visit New England in the fall, I wanted to take you along on a little visual tour of some of the beautiful places that we spent our weekend exploring.

This was the hill where we used to attend the sunrise service on Easter morning with our church.
I love that the moon was still visible above the mountains even while the sun was shining brightly.

We climbed a short trail off of a dirt road in the mountains and found beautiful Jackson Pond.
Embden Pond... my mom used to take us swimming here.

All of the old farm houses and hay fields are beautiful this time of year.
The fog was so thick over the lake when we woke up Monday morning.
One more foggy lake shot before we headed home.


No comments:

Post a Comment