Friday, August 31, 2018

When I Said "soon"





It has been half a year since I posted last, and mentioned that I would be back again "soon". It turns out that "soon" is all relative when you have three little boys to keep up with. Three kids has been a lot more of an adjustment for us than going from one to two was. Wesley has been such a happy easy-going baby, and still the sheer volume of diapers, laundry, dishes, crying, correcting, book reading, tickles, baths, and even just toenails and fingernails to trim (80 per week which sounds a little absurd) take up an astounding amount of time.

And just in case it sounds as if I am complaining, I really am not. I wouldn't have it any other way. I have the big(ish) family that I always hoped I would have. Life is so so good. But time is limited. So these days I have to be very intentional about how I spend it.

I have been weighing the pros and cons of taking the time to start writing here again. On one hand, blogging seems to be quite outdated. There are many other social media platforms that make sharing content so much easier/ quicker. There are apps that make printing your Instagram feed right to a book so easy. As far as I can tell, printing an entire blog is much more tedious. (Let me know if anyone knows of a service that makes it easy!)

On the other hand, I am able to share more content here. I feel a little more free to write about whatever I want because anyone that is reading it has to click onto it rather than just scrolling through a news feed and being bombarded with it. I also love reading other blogs and getting encouragement from them so I hope that if you are reading mine you leave encouraged too. Ultimately, the thing that made me decide to get out the laptop and post again is that I truly love it. I have missed it so much. I have realized that it is the me time that I don't always allow myself to have. So I decided that even though it feels like there is too much going on, too much to prioritize or cross off the list, writing for a few minutes here and there clears my head and helps me to be a better wife and mom.

We have some exciting things coming up this month with the start of a new homeschool year (first grade for Logan!!), a new soccer season, a sweet sister's wedding, and our 8 year wedding anniversary to name a few. I can't wait to share more soon!... really this time. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment