Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Third Trimester

I am officially in the third trimester of this pregnancy, and haven't updated the blog much on this little one. Thankfully, this pregnancy has been relatively uneventful. This baby has checked out healthy so far, for which I am extremely grateful. I finally found a doctor's office that I feel comfortable with (I dreaded seeing the doctors for both of my previous pregnancies). I just passed my glucose testing last week. As someone with pcos, it is always a little nerve racking because it increases your chances of also having gestational diabetes.

This pregnancy has gone about as smoothly as possible. I was tired in the first trimester (as always). I felt pretty good through most of the second trimester. Over these past few weeks, I have started to really feel the effects of coming closer to the end. I usually end each day feeling very pregnant, and pretty sore from the busy day behind me. I still feel pretty good in the mornings though, and am able to get done the bulk of homeschooling and housework before I am really crashing.

I thought I would bring back the old pregnancy check ins that I did on the blog when I was pregnant with Eliott in order to have a little more recorded about this pregnancy.


How far along? 28 Weeks
Baby's size: About 15in and 2.5lbs
Maternity Clothes: Definitely wearing maternity pants. Shirts I tend to just buy long and loose fitting for this pregnancy, but I have been wearing some maternity specific shirts too.
Sleep: Waking up 1-2 times a night, but usually can get right back to sleep. Some nights I end up staying awake with a mile long to-do list running through my brain for the holidays/ baby arriving.
Best moment this week: Passing my glucose test, and getting an overnight date with Dan. The boys stayed with Grammy and Grumps for the night, and it was so nice!
Movement: I usually feel small movements at some point throughout the day, but this one has made me a little nervous with how little I feel him move. Thankfully, Logan hardly ever moved so I know it can be normal. I also have a heartbeat Doppler which helps with reassuring me that everything is fine. Eliott moved a heck of a lot more and had stronger kicks at this point though.
Food Cravings: I have not had much of an appetite this past week (baby already seems to be crowding everything), but usually craving oranges or grapes, and sometimes chocolate.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Only really nauseous when I have too much to eat at one time, or am in the car for too long.
Gender: Another boy!
Labor Signs: None. I have found though, that Braxton Hicks are much more painful with each pregnancy. They also seem to start earlier in each pregnancy, and be more frequent.
Symptoms: Mostly just a sore back and feet at night, and I am more emotional than my pregnancy with Logan, but less emotional than I was with Eliott.
Wedding Rings on or off? Still on, but I do take them off at night and sometimes forget to put them back on.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Tired and happy most of the time. :)
Looking forward to: Thanksgiving and Christmas traditions with family. And meeting this little guy of course!


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations.. you are looking great.
    Yay on passing the glucouse screening.. I had gestational diabetes the first time around and it was awful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am always so happy to get a "pass" on the gestational diabetes test! I have friends that have had it, and it seems to add a lot of difficulty to the pregnancy. That is great that you could avoid it the second time around!

      Delete
  2. That's so sad that your first two doctors you had you weren't comfortable with! That would be a challenge to have to be pregnant and go through the labor and delivery process with a doctor you didn't much care for! I'm glad you found a good one though this time around. That can make all the difference in some situations. Also that is really cool that you have your own doppler! I didn't even know you could go out and buy those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love having the home doppler... especially in the beginning when you can't see much of a "bump" yet. We ordered it on amazon, and it has been great for reassurance. I have struggled so much with feeling like I can't really trust my doctors (probably mostly from bad experiences with my first pregnancy) so it has been great to feel more comfortable this time around.

      Delete